Every 3rd Sunday of the month of June is Father's Day. My father is staying in KL with my brother, so I skype to wish him 'Happy Father's Day'.
I have a lot of respect for my dad. He's the strict disciplinary figure in the family. Me and my brothers 'feared' him when we were young. We tried to behave ourselves whenever dad is around, but heaven turns hell when he's out for work. My mom has no authority over us.
My dad used to cane us when we were young. I'm the one that usually get the most caning cos I'm the worst behaved kid in the house. I used to 'hate' my dad for punishing me all the time. I felt outcast in the family, there's a moment in my teenage year that I thought I'm not their daughter.
Years later, I'm thanking my dad for all his 'caning' (teaching). I could turn out worse than I am today...He's an old man now and all I felt for him is respect and love. I can feel his love for me as well. I'm grateful that he's my dad and pray for his health and joy.
All I want to say to him now is "I love you, Pa"!
No comments:
Post a Comment