Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love On A Plate 名厨出走记

I watch this food travelogue out of curiosity last night. I didn't expect myself will finish watching the 1 hour variety progarmme, let alone blog it here. Well, here I am....out of expectation.

There are too many variety show on TV about food. I'd expect the same ol' fashion way of talk and eat stuff presented by the usual few hosts. However, this one comes with some twists. Celebrity chefs will have to leave their post for few days to travel to some rural areas and using limited ingredients that are available there, they will have to whip up something for the villagers.

The first few chefs interviewed about the possibilities of participating the show was seen puzzled when they were showed the picture the place that they will be going. They seem really reluctant and almost immediately refuse to go. It's no surprise though as they are 'celebrity chefs' and have spacious kitchen and dozens of assistants at their disposal.

Then, this one brave Japanese restaurant chef sportingly said yes and he was sent to Wawee village (I've never heard of this place), Chiang Mai. Then the journey begins....


What keeps me watching is the sincerity of the chef in doing his tasks and didn't complain much on the tasks he need to do. He's even gamed to pluck tea leaves for 2 hours in return for 100g of good quality of Wulong leaves as one of his ingredient for his dish.

I'm looking forward to the coming episodes and hope to see more interesting interaction between chefs and local villagers.

Bon appetit!

No comments: